The Places of Giovanni Verga's literary tale
The Places of Giovanni Verga's literary tale are included in the “Regional Map of Places of Identity and Memory” (LIM) established by the Sicily Region with DA n. 8410 of 03/12/2009
The reference sector is that relating to "places of the literary, cinematographic and filmic story ".
The places included in the IWB:
• (Mastro don Gesualdo) Church of S. Agata, Palazzo Ventimiglia-Trao, Palazzo Sganci, Palazzo Rubiera, Palazzo La Gurna, Mastro Don Gesualdo's house in via Santa Maria dei Greci (Vizziniprov. Catania)
• (Cavalleria Rusticana) Borgo della Cunziria, Osteria "Gnà Nunzia", Casa di Alfio and Lola, Casa di Santuzza, Carretteria di Alfio, Piazza S.Teresa (Vizzini-prov. Catania)
• (I Malavoglia) Casa del Nespolo (Acitrezza-province of Catania)
• (Story of a blackcap) Monte Ilice (province of Catania)
• (Rosso Malpelo) Rione Monserrato (Catania)
• (The stories of the castle of Trezza) Norman Castle (Acicastello-prov. Catania)
• (Novella "Freedom") Bronte (province of Catania)
Giovanni Carmelo Verga (Catania, 2 September 1840 - Catania, 27 January 1922) was an Italian writer, playwright and senator, considered the greatest exponent of the literary current of Verismo.
Card insertion: Ignazio Caloggero
Information contributions: Ignazio Caloggero, Web
Note: The populating of the cards of the Heritage database proceeds in incremental phases: cataloging, georeferencing, insertion of information and images. The cultural property in question has been cataloged, georeferenced and the first information entered. In order to enrich the information content, further contributions are welcome, if you wish you can contribute through our area "Your Contributions"