Heritage Interpreter - with specialization in Interpreting the Historic-Artistic Heritage
Interpreter of the Cultural Heritage
Who is it
The Heritage Interpreter is a professional figure with a high intellectual content who has specific skills to carry out activities of:
- Conception, Design, Implementation, Participation, Communication, Implementation, Evaluation, Improvement and Innovation inherent to Interpretative Services (mediated interpretation) and to the paths of Interpretation Experiences (direct interpretation).
- Identification, Cataloging, Knowledge, Interpretation, Documentation, Conservation, Protection, Enhancement, inherent to the Cultural Heritage
- Interpretation services (mediated interpretation): Realization of communication tools and services (signs, signs, maps, illustrative brochures, guides, flyers, multimedia productions and stations, installations, websites, apps, etc.) and design of Interpretation Plans
- Interpretation Experience Paths (direct interpretation): Initiatives that provide for the direct participation of both interpreters and guests in the interpretative activities.
In order to take into account the different specializations operating in the sector of interpretation and the correct assignment of skills, knowledge and competence, five specialist profiles are taken into consideration for the purpose of exercising the profession of Heritage Interpreter:
- CP160 / P1: Interpreter of the Archaeological Heritage
- CP160 / P2: Interpreter of the Historic - Artistic Heritage
- CP160 / P3: Interpreter of the Demo-ethno-anthropological Heritage
- CP160 / P4: Interpreter of the Environmental Heritage
- The difference between the various forms of Cultural Heritage Interpretation is exclusively linked to the degree of sectoral specialization and to the tools used during the entire interpretation process, as each Interpreter must in any case have a solid knowledge and skills in all sectors. Therefore, there will be no distinct professionalism but a single professionalism (Interpreter of Cultural Heritage) specialized in one or more sectors that have relevance to Cultural Heritage in the broadest sense of the term.
- The professional who has the preparation to carry out the activities associated with at least one of the five profiles indicated is considered Cultural Heritage Interpreter.
- A Cultural Heritage Interpreter works in one or more of the areas indicated.
The Heritage Interpreter has a deep knowledge of his own territory and of the cultural heritage in its various forms from the material one (historical-artistic cultural heritage, landscape and natural heritage) to the intangible one (tradition, folklore, art, food and wine, typical crafts, local history and traditions) in order to identify and arrange, in a systemic way, both interpretative services and unique paths of cultural interpretation experiences. The Cultural Heritage interpreter also adopts a systemic approach that highlights, during the entire interpretative path, typical aspects of experiential learning: motivation, interpersonal relationships, multi-sensoriality, local identities, centrality and uniqueness of the participants and originality of the participants. tools used.
Regulations and reference schemes
- European Qualification Framework (EQF)
- Recommendation 2009 / C 155/02 (European Credit System for Vocational Education and Training - ECVET)
- Law 4/2013 relating to non-regulated professions
- Reference Professional Standard: Cultural Heritage Interpreter - Requirements for knowledge, skills and competence (link to AIPTOC website)
This figure is also recognized by the Italian Association of Tourism Professionals and Cultural Operators (AIPTOC) authorized by Ministry of Economic Development (MISE) to release Certificate of quality and professional qualification of the Services pursuant to Articles 4, 7 and 8 of Law 4/2013.
- Heritage Interpreter - Specialization in Environmental Interpretation (Environmental Interpreter)
- Hiking Guide (Environmental Hiking Guide
For the detailed program, costs and purchase methods, please refer to the website of the Training Center Centro Studi Helios
By the Helios Study Center