Naturalistic Guide (Environmental Hiking Guide)
Who is it
The Naturalistic Guide (Environmental Hiking Guide) is a professional figure with a high intellectual content, able to accompany individuals or groups in environments of natural interest, illustrating the naturalistic, anthropological and cultural aspects of the territory with scientific-cultural connotations.
The nature guide has specific skills to carry out activities of:
- Concept, Design, Organization, Communication, Implementation and Improvement related to the offers associated with itineraries of naturalistic and environmental interest.
- Support for any educational and environmental education activities, sustainability education and consultancy in naturalistic and environmental matters.
Notes: All activities and routes that require the use of climbing equipment and techniques, i.e. ropes, ice axes and crampons, are excluded from the professional scope of the Nature Guide.
The Naturalistic Guide (Environmental Hiking Guide) can carry out the activities both on their own (self-employed work) and for other interested parties as an Expert / Consultant
The Naturalistic Guide has a deep knowledge of its territory with particular reference to natural and environmental aspects in order to identify and prepare itineraries of naturalistic and environmental interest by organizing and carrying out excursions in maximum safety and with adequate equipment for hikers.
The Naturalistic Guide manages to reconcile the knowledge of the Cultural Heritage of its territory with naturalistic and environmental paths also in order to deepen the knowledge of local identity elements not only from the naturalistic point of view but also from the anthropic, historical and cultural point of view.
Regulations and reference schemes
- European Qualification Framework (EQF)
- Recommendation 2009 / C 155/02 (European Credit System for Vocational Education and Training - ECVET)
- Law 4/2013 relating to non-regulated professions
- Reference Professional Standard: Naturalistic Guide (Environmental Hiking Guide) - Requirements for knowledge, skills and competence (link to the AIPTOC website)
This figure is also recognized by the Italian Association of Tourism Professionals and Cultural Operators (AIPTOC) authorized by Ministry of Economic Development (MISE) to release Certificate of quality and professional qualification of the Services pursuant to Articles 4, 7 and 8 of Law 4/2013.
- Naturalistic Guide (Environmental Hiking Guide)
For the detailed program, costs and purchase methods, please refer to the website of the Training Center Centro Studi Helios
By the Helios Study Center