Statue of Charles III of Bourbon
Piazza Cavallotti in front of the Chamber of Commerce
The current statue, a copy of a previous statue from 1757 which was destroyed, was sculpted in Rome by Saro Zagari, a pupil of Tenerani from Messina. It was placed in the Leone district in 1860, later it was kept in the Peloritan Civic Museum and later in the Mellinghof spinning mill transformed into the National Museum. In 1970 the statue was placed on its original base in Piazza Cavallotti.
Find out more on Data bank of the Material Heritage of Sicily
Get to know the Sicilian Cultural Heritage databases: Data Maps Heritage