Church of S. Maria del Gesù

Church of S. Maria del Gesù

It is located in via Antonino Sofia at the height of n. 78 to the right of Palazzo Giavanti. Built in the first half of the eighteenth century on a project by Vincenzo Sinatra, the church is characterized by a double trapezoidal staircase that precedes the entrance. The portal is limited by two Corinthian columns that support the tympanum in turn surmounted by a window. The small bell tower, which also supports a statue of the Madonna, preserves a bell from 1466 from Noto Antica. The interior has a single nave and, in addition to the central altar, has four marble side altars. It also preserves a sixteenth-century statue in Carrara marble representing the Madonna delle Grazie, the work of the two Palermitan artists Giovanni and Paolo de Battista.

Card insertion: Ignatius Caloggero

Photo: Ignazio Caloggero

Information contributions: Ignazio Caloggero, Web 

Disclaimer note

Location
Rate it (1 to 5)
0.000