Pinto Battery (Pinto Battery)
Street View (if present)
Technical Information

Pinto Battery (Pinto Battery)

Photo: Wikipedia

Pinto Battery, also known as Għżira Battery was built by the Order of St. John between 1715 and 1716, over the centuries the battery has been heavily modified over time and the casemate now houses a bar and a garage, while the platform and parapet have been largely destroyed, with only the general outline still visible.

Well entered in the register: National Inventory of Cultural Heritage of the Maltese Islands - National Inventory of Cultural Property of the Maltese Islands (NICPMI) 

01410              Batterija ta 'Għżira / Għżira Battery

Look at the card "The Maltese Fortifications"

Click to see on Google Maps
Rate it (1 to 5)
Send a notice to the publisher
[contact-form-7 id="18385"]