Lascaris Battery (Lascaris Battery)
Street View (if present)
Street View is only available with Google Maps.
Description

Lascaris Battery (Lascaris Battery)

Photo: Wikipedia

Also known as Fort Lascaris or Bastione Lascaris was built by the British in 1854 and is connected to the previous Bastion of St. Peter and Paul of the Valletta Ground Front. In World War II, the war rooms of the Lascaris were excavated near the battery, and served as Britain's secret island defense headquarters

Well entered in the register: National Inventory of Cultural Heritage of the Maltese Islands - National Inventory of Cultural Property of the Maltese Islands (NICPMI) 

01614              Batterija ta 'Lascaris / Lascaris Battery

Look at the card "The Maltese Fortifications"

Go to Google Maps
Rate it (1 to 5)
0.000
Send a notice to the publisher
[contact-form-7 id="18385"]
Share