Cultural Heritage Archive "Heritage"
The "Heritage" Cultural Heritage Archive is an electronic archive containing the assets of the Tangible and Intangible Cultural Heritage of Sicily and Malta and has the following characteristics:
- GeosSocial: use of Google Maps, “wikiweb” cards and with reviews. voting, comments and sharing on various social networks;
- Multi thematic and Multi territorial: visualization of web pages with single thematic and / or territorial instances
- Advanced Search: for words, phrases, places, locations or geographical areas, categories, subcategories and tags;
- Multilingual: the innovative neural machine translation system is used.
Attention: the following instants of the Heritage Archive contain a large number of contents, therefore it will be necessary to wait several seconds for the page to be displayed. For a faster visualization we recommend the use of territorial or thematic archives
The Heritage Archive is part of a larger project (Heritage project) which sees the cataloging and geolocation of the Sicilian and Maltese Cultural Heritage (tangible and intangible), at the moment over 5.000 cultural assets have been cataloged and the migration from the previous database (fourth generation) to the new archive (fifth generation) is underway. should end by 2020.
Note on the generations of the Heritage Archive
- First Generation (1995): “Access” database offline only
- Second Generation (2004): “Web Access” database searchable online, text only
- Third Generation (2010): “Visual” database in Mysql, searchable online - text and images
- Fourth Generation (2014): Dedicated database searchable Online integrated with Google Maps and web 3.0 technology (Georeferenced, Responsive, Wiki, Advanced search)
- Fifth Generation (2020): Online "GeoSocial" Archive (Georeferenced, Social, Multi-thematic, Territorial, Advanced Search)