Cultural Heritage Archive "Heritage"
The "Heritage" telematic archive of cultural heritage is a new generation database containing the assets of the tangible and intangible cultural heritage of Sicily and Malta and has the following characteristics:
- GeosSocial: use of Google Maps, interactive cards containing text, images, videos and in-depth documents and with the possibility of inserting reviews, experiences. voting, comments and sharing on various social networks. Where relevant, the asset is visible on the map and on Street view, therefore with a 360 ° view of the context in which the asset is located.
- Multi thematic and Multi territorial: The archive is a searchable relational database, thus allowing the display on web pages of single thematic and / or territorial instances. It also allows advanced searches for words, phrases, places, locations or geographical areas, categories, subcategories and tags;
- Multilingual: the innovative neural machine translation system is used.
Attention: the following instants of the Heritage Archive contain a large number of contents, therefore it will be necessary to wait several seconds for the page to be displayed. For a faster visualization we recommend the use of territorial or thematic archives
The Heritage Archive is part of a larger project (Heritage project) which sees the cataloging and geolocation of the Sicilian and Maltese Cultural Heritage (tangible and intangible), at the moment about 6.000 assets and places of cultural tourist interest have been cataloged, we expect to reach 8.000 by 2021 and 10.000 assets by 2022.
Note on the generations of the Heritage Archive
- First Generation (1995): “Access” database offline only
- Second Generation (2004): “Web Access” database searchable online, text only
- Third Generation (2010): “Visual” database in Mysql, searchable online - text and images
- Fourth Generation (2014): Dedicated database searchable Online integrated with Google Maps and web 3.0 technology (Georeferenced, Responsive, Wiki, Advanced search)
- Fifth Generation (2020): Online "GeoSocial" Archive (Georeferenced, Social, Multi-thematic, Territorial, Advanced Search)